Wednesday, May 30, 2012

In Gay Old Mobile...Two Gay Encounters In Mobile Alabama




When I was driving a taxi in Mobile Alabama in 1964 I had what you might call two gay encounters. Actually they encountered me.

The first was in the basement men's room of the Battle House Hotel. This was considered one of the very best hotels in Mobile.
  There was a taxi stand outside and I had run in to use the bathroom to take a leak.
As I was coming out of the stall a short old black man who was the bathroom attendant asked me, "Do you want a blowjob?"  I told him no. I am not sure if he meant himself or if he was pimping for someone else.
http://www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/mobbr-the-battle-house-a-renaissance-hotel/

The second incident happened when I stopped at a restaurant out Springhill Avenue to go in and get something to eat.   As I was eating a young man kept staring at me.  Finally he got up and came over to my table and asked me if I wanted a blowjob. I told him no. He kept asking and was somewhat insistent.
  He said "Come on we can just go around the corner." I kept telling him no.
   I asked him what made him like he was. He said, "God made me this way".

When I was young I had several other experiences with gays following me. Once in Edinburgh Scotland in the summer of 1964. I walked all over the city and noticed a guy following me through the Princess Street Gardens.  Finally he gave up.

And again the same thing happened in New Orleans in the French Quarter. I was walking all over the French Quarter taking  photographs. Slowly I noticed a guy was following me at a distance.  I kept taking pictures and eventually he disappeared.