Sunday, September 4, 2011

The 9/11 Commission Report Found A Failure Of Imagination On Our Part

Click and double click on the photos to enlarge and read them.


I wonder how many have bothered to read this book. It is excellent. I recently found a copy at a used book sale.
   I was pleased to see a chapter on Foresight And Hindsight. Because I could not understand how someone had not been able to forsee such an attack by air from inside our country.
Anyone who reads Tom Clancy novels and watches movies like Escape From New York would have been able to use their imaginations to study the possibility of such attacks.
When I moved to Washington D.C. in 1967 I was told the airspace over the Pentagon and The White House was "restricted". Yes it is restricted is was just not protected.

The commission concluded there was a "lack of imagination" on the part of those in our government in not being able to imagine such an attack could happen.
And what to do about it.