Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Big Joe Williams - Bottle Up and Go



This song Bottle Up and Go is on a Big Joe Williams album titled Big Joe Williams at  Folk City. Recorded in 1962. It was the first Big Joe Williams record I ever bought. He grew up on my grandfather's farm in Crawford Mississippi. He left in the 1920s or 1930s and only came back for visits until he came home for good around 1970. I finally met him in 1975. I went with him and George Cummings( of Dr. Hook and The MedicineShow fame ) to Muscle Shoals in 1978 where they recorded together. I have many more posts on this blog about Big Joe Williams and also George Cummings. Look for them. See list over on the right hand side of this page.

If you go to youtube from this video you will find many more Big Joe songs. Bottle Up and Go is one of my favorites.