Friday, January 3, 2014

More On Death Of The Black Haired Girl By Robert Stone


The link below is the to review of this book in The Washington Post.
http://www.washingtonpost.com/entertainment/books/book-review-death-of-the-black-haired-girl-by-robert-stone/2013/11/11/bb29a634-457f-11e3-a196-3544a03c2351_story.html

About 4 posts below this one I posted much more about this new novel by Robert Stone. It is one of his best I believe.

In the review above it is mentioned that this story is based on a real-life death of a student at Yale. I did not know that. Stone taught at Yale so he would have known all about it.

See quote from the above review below.

" The plot originates in the real-life death of Yale student Suzanne Jovin, stabbed near campus minutes after handing in her senior thesis on Osama bin Laden in 1998. Police identified her adviser as a suspect, giving vent to a host of conspiracy theories, irresistible to a writer of Stone’s cast of mind."


Click on the name Robert Stone in the Labels box below to see my other posts about him. I have quite a few including pictures of where he lived in New Orleans in 1959. And also photos of him signing books for me and others at a book signing and reading of his memoir PRIME GREEN back in 2007 at the Politics and Prose bookstore in Washington D.C.  We sat on the front row and I was first in line for to get him to sign my copies of Prime Green, Hall of Mirrors, and a first edition of Dog Soldiers.