Monday, January 19, 2015

At The End of a Long Lonely Day by Gerry Madigan & Amy Fernandez



At the end of a long lonely day without you,
And the world seems to fall in my face.
I'm alright through the day, but the day fades away,
And the long lonely night takes its place.

Another day to sit alone and cry,
It makes no difference if I live or die.
Well I've tried and I've tried but these are tears that I can't hide,
At the end of a long lonely day.

At the end of the day, I go up to my room,
And I watch as the sun fades away.
But the emptiness there brings me grief and despair,
At the end of a long lonely day.

Another day to wish that you were here,
I dread each lonely night that's filled with tears.
Well I've tried and I've tried but these are tears I just can't hide,
At the end of a long lonely day.

Lyrics - Marty Robbins