Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Bob Dylan At Mardi Gras In New Orleans In 1964

http://joeb-tallyho.blogspot.com/2009/12/bob-dylan-at-mardi-gras-new-orleans-feb.html

Click on the link above to read all about my meeting Bob Dylan at Mardi Gras in 1964.  And to read what he and I and a group of others did all that day and night until 2am or 3 am the next morning.
I met him again in 1986 and I asked him what he remembered about that time and he said he remembered the Greek Bars on Decatur Street. I have described those in the article above. 51 years ago this year it was.
My brother told me this thought, "Memory is time travel".

 http://richardbalthazar.com/2015/01/20/the-gin-mill-a-greek-sailor-bar/

Click on the link above to read a good article about that Greek Bar on Decatur Street.  It was called The Acropolis and was located above the Gin Mill. There is also a article by that same person about La Casa De Los Marinos where I met Dylan and we spent a good bit of time during that Mardi Gras 1964. It was located right across the street from The Jax Brewery on Decatur Street.