Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Larry McMurtry's Book About Tahiti Is Called PARADISE

Below is a link to the exhibition brochure for the Paul Gauguin exhibit now on view at the National Gallery of Art East Building in Washington, D.C. If you scroll through the pdf file you will come to the painting WORDS OF THE DEVIL.  It is the picture shown above.
 There is a devil like face in the picture that came to my mind when I read of the crazy woman who attacked another painting in the exhibit called TWO TAHITIAN WOMEN. See my post on that in the post below this one.
 In the link below click on the Exhibition Brochure on the right hand side of the page. You can also see a video about the exhibit via the link below.
http://www.nga.gov/exhibitions/gauguininfo.shtm



   That event also caused me to go and re read Larry McMurtry's non fiction book about his trip to Tahiti. It is called PARADISE. See below for more information about that book. His thoughts on Tahiti came to my mind as I read about the crazy woman attacking a harmless painting by Gauguin.
http://www.amazon.com/Paradise-Larry-McMurtry/dp/0743215664#_