Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Rosenbaum Residence 26th Avenue and 7th Street Meridian Mississippi Now Long Gone But Why Not Remembered?

I took the picture above sometime in the 1970s. The house is now long gone. I think it was torn down in the late 1970s.

 But finally I found an old postcard on Ebay that identified it as the Rosenbaum Residence at 26th Avenue and 7th Street in Meridian Mississippi in 1907.
    I can not understand why there is not more in the history of Meridian about this impressive house. It is not mentioned anywhere on the web except in that old postcard on Ebay.
Below is the way the house looked in 1907. Click on the postcard to enlarge it.


The link below is some history on the first Jewish families in Meridian,Ms.
According the the above it was most likely the home of either Isaac or Leopold Rosenbaum.

Click on the name Meridian Mississippi in the Labels box below to see more of my posts about Meridian Mississippi.