Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Tuba Skinny Set from Royal Street 4/12/13 - NINE SONGS - MORE at DIGI...


Since I first heard this band 4 years ago I have been posting their videos on this
blog. I am trying to put all I can find going back to 2009 without repeating any
of them.

  You can find a large amount of tuba skinny on this blog. Just look over on the list over on the right hand side of this page. Or just search under the label tuba skinny..
I think they keep getting better and better.

At first I thought the reason they were so good was the singer. Then I realized it was the singer AND
the cornet player. Both are remarkable. Erika Lewis is the singer and Shaye Cohn is the cornet player and the leader of the band. And the rest of the band is just as good.

I am amazed they have held the band together for 4 years. Players come and go but several members stay the same.
The band has a large following not only in this country but in England and Europe and Australia.
They travel frequently to places like Italy, Mexico, Australia, and all over the eastern USA.