Saturday, February 27, 2010

Big Joe Williams At Gerde's Folk City NYC 1962



Big Joe Williams
at Folk City

- Mink Coat Blues
- Burned Child Is Scared Of Fire
- Baby, I Ain't Gonna Let You Go
- Trouble Gonna Take Me To My Grave
- Bugle Blues
- Just Wanna Be Your Man

- I'm Gonna Do It This Time
- She's Doggin' Me
- How Do You Wnat Your Tollin' Done
- I Can't Sign My Name
- Bottle Up And Go
- I'm Tired Woman
rec. live at Gerde's Folk City, New York City; Febr. 26, 1962
I bought a copy of this LP in 1967. It is one of my favorite albums of Big Joe Williams. Live At Gerde's Folk City. Bob Dylan was around Gerde's Folk City in 1962 and told the owner to book Big Joe. Dylan had recorded with Big Joe Williams and Victoria Spivey in 1962 on her label Spivey Records. The Lp is called Three Kings And The Queen.