Thursday, June 24, 2010

The Living Theater New York City 1960 The Connection Freddie Redd And Jackie Mclean



Click and double click on these pictures to enlarge them.



Click on these videos to enlarge them


Click on the link below to read about The Connection.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Connection_(1959_play)

I went to see this play in 1960. I still have a program from that performance which I intend to add to this post later. Check back here to see it. See post above.
I remember at intermission they invited the audience to talk to the actors and the musicians in the lobby and give them requests or ideas to talk about ad lib after the intermission. I found one of the musicians and asked him to talk about existentialism, He said, "Ok, give me 5 dollars".
Note: The original LP of The Connection on Blue Note Records with Freddie Redd and Jackie Mclean cost $4.95. Now if you had a perfect copy of that LP it would be worth quite a bit of money.