Sunday, June 6, 2010

The Revolt Of Mamie Stover By William Bradford Huie




I read this book when I was in high school. How could I not with a cover like you see above? The parents of one of my friends had gone away for the weeked leaving him alone at home so he had his friends over. While he and a couple of other guys were out in the garage working on a car I went into the living room and found this book and decided to read it. Right away I was swept up in the story. Plus I had unexpectedly discovered a really good writer. The other guys went out riding around somewhere but I stayed put because I wanted to finish the book. I read most of the night. It was pure pleasure to discover Mamie Stover and William Bradford Huie. Since then I think I have read and reread all of his books. Note he wrote a sequel called Hotel Mamie Stover. Click on the above picture to enlarge it.
Click on the link below to read all about William Bradford Huie and all of his books.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/William_Bradford_Huie