Friday, January 27, 2012

Space Mountain (Lights On) at Disney World's Magic Kingdom in Orlando, F...


This is the ride with the lights on. Click on the youtube above to go to youtube and enlarge it full screen.
The two videos below show the ride with the lights off.
   Now I can see what was only dark to me when my 10 year old son and I rode on this back in 1980.
  The two videos of the ride in the posts below this one show what this ride is like in the dark. Terrifying because it was dark and I couldn't see anything. You will have to imagine the shaking and being thrown side to side and up and down since it is a roller coaster. I still dont understand the concept of this ride. Why is it inside a structure and why is it dark? I thought I was going to have a heart attack since I didn't know what was going on. I guess it is supposed to be scary. Well it is.
You can watch the one in the dark below first to get the idea.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Space_mountain