Monday, December 27, 2010

A Strange Coincidence Happened This Morning At McDonald's- Long Distance Mental Telepathy?

There is a guy from Paraguay who we see every morning at McDonald's before he goes to work. But he only is in DC in good weather. From the 1st of November to the middle of March he has gone home to Paraguay. That way he misses all of the really bad weather in the DC area.
He left almost 2 months ago for Paraguay.

The person I was talking to this morning said to me, "I hope George(the guy from Paraguay)doesn't call this morning. I bet it is about 85 or 90 degrees where he is". It was about 30 degrees this morning in Arlington, Va. with high winds making it feel much colder.

Less than 5 minutes later I heard a cell phone ring. It was George calling from Paraguay. He called a guy named Harry.  They talked about the weather here in DC and in Paraguay where indeed it was 97 degrees.
What are the odds on something like that happening. We had not heard from him in almost 2 months.

Something like this happened to me once before. In 1970 when we were living on P Street N.W. near Dupont Circle in Washington, D.C. I was playing with my 4 year old daughter. She had a Fisher Price toy telephone. One of my best friends had recently moved to Boston. I said to my daughter let's call Bill McKenzie in Boston. I picked up the toy telephone and dialed it and pretended to be talking to Bill in Boston. Not more than 15 minutes later the real telephone in our apartment rang. It was Bill McKenzie calling me from Boston. I was stunned. Just like the call yesterday from Paraguay. I guess these were examples of long distance mental telepathy.
  
Another time recently this same guy that mentioned George asked me to bring in a 1955 Washington-Lee High School Yearbook so he could look up some of his old friends. As he was slowly going through it he came to a senior picture of a guy named Ron. He asked me if that is the Ron that sometimes comes in McDonald's. I said that is him all right. We had not seen him in weeks.  A few minutes later Ron came through the door. We told him about seeing his picture. We have not seen him since. And that was a week ago.